Ministry of Energy and Natural Ressources
Econoler, in partnership with Prolad, Réduction CO2, Convergence Garneau et Extract Recherche Marketing, is offering support to the BEIE to define the contents of a program aimed at supporting energy management in heavy-duty on-road fleets (trucks and buses). This program is first and foremost intended for heavy fleet managers and expert coaches who will accompany them in their energy optimization efforts.
More specifically, this assignment consists in:
- conducting a market analysis with surveys, focus groups and interviews to determine the currency energy efficiency situation in heavy-duty on-road fleets, particularly in the following five areas :
- management practices
- vehicle technologies
- vehicle driving
- vehicle maintenance
- comparing the current situation with the model situation to establish the energy use and GHG emission reduction potential;
- developing an approach for expert coaches as to optimize energy management in on-road fleets;
- testing the approach in three on-road fleets in order to develop three energy analysis reports and three feasibility studies;
- developing documentation tools in the form of a collection of summary texts and of about fifty technical sheets to support the required technical and economic analyses in each of the five areas (These sheets cover, among other things, idle stop systems and fuel management systems as much as electric drive technologies and ecodriving practices.);
- developing a training program for expert coaches comprising case studies, a detailed syllabus, a participant’s handbook and a challenge assessment;
- training expert coaches on applying the approach and using the accompanying documentation tools.