Newfoundland Power Inc. (NLP)
- Analyzing program documentation.
- Developing data collection tools, such as sampling plans, survey questionnaires and a protocol for mystery shoppers’ in-store visit.
- Collecting data through post-cash intercept surveying at participating retail stores on Newfoundland Power’s service territory to assess program awareness, customer satisfaction with the program, the program’s influence on purchasing decisions and light bulb replacement behaviours.
- Collecting data through a customer telephone survey to assess program awareness, participation barriers, light bulb replacement behaviours, and customer satisfaction with the program and the rebated products.
- Collecting data through mystery shoppers’ in-store visits. These visits were conducted at participating retail stores on Newfoundland Power’s service territory to assess the effectiveness of the instant rebates awarded at the counter, the effectiveness of the in-store events in educating customers and promoting the program, the use of promotional displays and in-store product signage, as well as staff knowledge of products and program.