The World Bank
- In collaboration with local stakeholders, define the key quantitative and qualitative indicators and parameters to be used in monitoring and evaluating the progress in implementing the power-sector development plan.
- Undertake a comprehensive residential energy survey of approximately 4,000 households nationwide to establish a detailed energy-profile baseline of Guinea’s residential sector, including creating a geographic information system (GIS) database and map of the data collected.
- Develop an efficient and cost-effective web-based M&E system to be used by various energy-sector stakeholders and government bodies for regular data-gathering and monitoring of status indicators of numerous energy-sector development projects’ inputs, outputs, impacts and outcomes.
- Implement the M&E system at different levels (public utilities, ministries, rural electrification agencies, etc.)
- Provide various institutions’ staff with a series of training sessions on the use and upgrading of the M&E system.