(IEPF) Institut de l’énergie et de l’environnement de la Francophonie
The IEPF is a partner of the conference on the prospects offered by Carbon Funds, which is intended for the private sector and organized by the Africa Assist program of the World Bank. Econoler International’s role in the organisation of the conference was to provide technical support in planning the participation of French-speaking delegates and in preparing a televised debate. Moreover, Econoler had an agreement with the Africa Assist program concerning the preparation of the conference scientific content.
By organizing this conference, the IEPF aimed at reinforcing the role of the Designated National Authority (DNA) within the framework of the French-speaking initiative for the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM).
Econoler’s mandate included the following tasks:
- Define the criteria for the participant selection.
- Organize travel arrangements for participants (such as issuing transportation documentation and allowance remittances).
- Prepare the televised roundtable, (press participation, sub-contractor selection, etc.).
- Draw up a conference report as per the agreement with the World Bank Africa Assist program.
- Ensure that the press provides audiovisual support of the televised debate.
- Prepare the financial report justifying expenses.
- Set aside budget surpluses, if necessary.