Secretaría de Argentina – Ministerio de Planificacion Federal, Inversion Publica y Servicios
The objective of this project was the formulation of energy efficiency and DSM projects for the four participating distribution companies. The project was to yield, among others, the following benefits:
- Postpone new generation investments in the interconnected national system.
- Postpone investments to extend the electricity distribution network.
- Improve the companies’ load curve.
- Reduce the users’ energy costs.
- Reduce the GHG emissions and the local contamination
- Eliminate the barriers to the application, implementation and diffusion of EE technologies.
- Improve the productivity of the local and national economy.
- Serve as a model to be replicated nationwide.
In order to reach the planned objectives, the following activities were carried out:
- Analyze the EE and DSM projects’ proposals, presented by the distributors. This included the extension or modification of projects proposals when appropriate.
- Identify the barriers to the implementation of the projects, determine if these barriers were relevant and, if needed, if their overcoming would contribute positively to the mitigation of GHG. Identify the regulatory barriers in particular.
- Present a logical sequence between: Barriers – Objectives – Components – Activities – Products – Results (execution matrix of the project).
- Present a suitable logical framework: Objectives – Components – Results – Indicators – Targets – Premises.
- Evaluate the economic and financial results of each project from the points of view of the users, the distributing companies and the society.
- Determine the incremental costs of each component and incorporate them into the corresponding matrix and, possibly, including the expected benefits.
The sustainability and reproducibility of each project had to be demonstrated.