Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The mission of the CDM & JI Office is to strengthen capacities of Canadian enterprises to allow them developing and implementing CDM and JI projects.
In this context, the CDM& JI Office carried out market studies to highlight the opportunities existing throughout the world. These studies helped the CDM & JI Office to answer to questions frequently asked by enterprises interested in the development and implementation of JI projects and helped also these latter in their research efforts.
- The country’s policy related to JI.
- The country’s experience with AIJ (if any).
- The regulatory framework and economic environment (looking both at investment risk and potential domestic funding of JI projects).
- The country’s capacity to assess and evaluate JI project proposals.
- Indication of sectoral or regional opportunities for JI projects.
- Identification of specific JI project opportunities.
- Identification of the reduction/sequestration potential (tons/year and total cumulative tons).
- List of contacts, particularly the focal point for JI in the country.
After this, a market study was published.