The mission of Kameleon Group is to grow, process, and market medicinal cannabis and its derivatives. Nordika Nutraceutiques, launched by Kameleon Group, is a Greenfield project aimed at establishing a medicinal and therapeutic cannabis production and processing facility in the city of Saint-Félicien in the Lac-Saint-Jean area. The facility will count nearly 500,000 square feet and will serve to grow, produce and process high-quality medicinal cannabis in a controlled environment. The objective is to produce 100,000 kilograms of 100 percent biological medicinal cannabis with a production rate of 60 grams of cannabis per plant and more than 200,000 plants will be produced annually.
The Econoler mandate consists of providing consultation services to Kameleon Group on selecting the best energy efficiency design options knowing that 80 to 85% of facility energy consumption is due to lighting and ventilation.
The elements of interest are as follows:
- Optimally procuring energy (electricity, biomass, cogeneration, renewable energy, natural gas, etc.) based on cost prices and feasibility;
- Maximizing energy efficiency in the building and production installations;
- Optimizing available incentives related to energy and the environment (greenhouse gas emissions).
To lay the foundation for the project, Econoler carried out the following in May 2019:
- Compiled, analyzed, and compared the various options for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) already identified by Laporte Consultants;
- Analyzed the various proposed lighting technologies;
- Conducted a feasibility study on photovoltaic solar energy;
- Analyzed the different available subsidies.
The support of Econoler will serve to finalize the choice of technologies and enable Kameleon Group to move forward with the project.