The Centre for the Development of Enterprise (CDE), an institution of the ACP Group of States (Africa, Caribbean and Pacific) and the European Union (EU) have proposed to launch a new program on energy management for Western Africa, Eastern Africa and Southern Africa. The proposed program would essentially take a holistic view of energy efficiency promotion in productive sectors such as industry (manufacturing sector) and commerce, focusing on Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) to promote practical interventions at regional and national levels that would enable SMEs to effectively meet both their energy management and competitiveness challenges.
Econoler was mandated to provide technical assistance for the improvement of energy management at twenty manufacturing enterprises in countries of Southern Africa, namely Botswana, Namibia, Mozambique and Zambia.
Throughout this assignment, Econoler coordinated the following activities:
- Induction and selection of eligible companies.
- Expert missions in all selected enterprises for the diagnostic of current operations.
- Coordination of relevant workshops: logistics, selection of lecturers, topics.
- Development of Action Plans (APs) for all enterprises pursuant to the expert missions.
- Coordination and/or participation in providing the improvement action plans.