The Şişecam Group is an industrial group mainly specialized in glass and chemicals production. It is a leading producer of all kinds of basic glass products, such as float glass, glass household articles, glass packaging and glass fiber, as well as soda and chromium compounds.
Şişecam operates facilities in eight countries and employs a staff of more than 18,000.
Endüstriyel Enerji is a Turkey-based energy consulting firm and is currently preparing to implement an energy performance contracting (EPC) project at Şişecam industrial facilities.
As part of this project, Endüstriyel Enerji partnered up with Econoler to conduct energy audits in the compressed air plants at 5 sites. As part of theses energy audits, Econoler measured compressed air flow and electric power of 27 compressors at the five facilities. Based on the data and information provided by the measurement analysis and site visits, Econoler presented the following elements in its audit report:
- potential energy efficiency measures to be implemented on compressed air systems.
- investments required for the energy efficiency measures as well as energy and cost savings resulting from these measures.
- recommendations on improving compressed air plant performance.
- recommendations on improving compressed air quality.
- specific kW/(m3/min) for each compressor.
- trend analysis of compressor power and compressed air flow.
As a result of the energy audit, Econoler identified a number of significant energy efficiency measures. These measures will be implemented in the compressed air plants in future phases of the energy efficiency project.