BC Hydro required the Certified Energy Manager (CEM) qualifications for some of its energy-efficiency programs. The Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET) worked with BC Hydro to bring the CEM certification to British Columbia and BC Hydro subsidized a portion of the training fees for energy managers who were part of its network.
The training was delivered by an accredited trainer, Eric Mazzi, on February 20-24, 2017 at BCIT – Downtown Campus in Vancouver.
To complete this assignment, CIET carried out the following activities:
- Providing a web-based registration and payment platform for the portion of the fees paid by the trainees;
- Coordinating with the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) for approval of the course.
- Paying the training and certification fees to the AEE on behalf of the trainees;
- Printing hard-copy course materials and covering their cost;
- Providing the trainees with their attendance certificates and CEM certificates (for those who passed the exam).