Econoler is a world-renowned consulting firm specializing in the design, implementation, evaluation and financing of energy efficiency and renewable energy programs and projects. The firm also has experience in climate change mitigation, carbon financing and offers a remarkable range of professional services adapted to the needs of its partners and customers.
As an international Green Finance Specialist (with a strong focus on Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy) you will be working on various green financing projects, including, but not limited to, the design, implementation, monitoring or impact evaluation of various green and sustainable energy financing instruments/mechanisms/programs (e.g., credit instruments, risk-sharing facilities, insurance products, dedicated investment funds, etc.) adapted to the particular needs of international clients including international financial institutions (IFIs) and local financial institutions (LFIs).
- Conducting market studies regarding the feasibility of the design and implementation of diverse green finance products and mechanisms that target barriers to green/sustainable energy financing.
- Designing, developing and providing technical assistance for implementing green/sustainable energy finance products, mechanisms and programs for IFIs and LFIs;
- Reviewing and identifying the procedural changes that have to be made in the implementing financial institution so that it can successfully integrate new green/sustainable energy finance products into its business portfolio;
- Providing training to the financial institution staff on the development and implementation of green/sustainable energy finance products and programs;
- Collaborating with Econoler’s technical experts to develop appropriate financial terms and conditions of the new green/sustainable energy finance products as matching solutions that are best suited to the technical aspects of the target green investments and the implementing financial institution’s lending profile, and;
- Assessing market barriers to implementing green/sustainable energy investments on a larger scale and in particular those specific barriers that prevent local financiers from providing targeted financing.
- Master’s degree in finance or equivalent.
- Experience in developing and providing technical assistance for implementing IFI-supported green/sustainable energy finance products and programs.
- Experience in development, integration or implementation of energy efficiency/renewable energy/green finance products at the level of CBs or NDBs.
- Experience in working under the supervision of or in collaboration with international financial institutions (IFIs), such as IBRD, EBRD, ADB, IADB, and EIB as well as bilateral institutions such as KFW, AFD and GIZ, among others.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of international employment experience.
- Fluent in English and French, Spanish or Arabic would be a strong asset
- Location: In the Americas, Europe, Africa or MENA
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS AN ADVANTAGE
- Solid employment record in the banking sector (commercial banks (CBs) or national development banks (NDBs)); preferably with experience in lending operations or in the fund management sector.
- Knowledge of green and social bonds
- Knowledge and experience in developing, designing and implementing environmental and social management system (ESMS) in LFIs
- Experience in setting pricing of financial products.
- Experience in public-sector financing.
- Knowledge of Basel I, II and III standards.