Econoler is an internationally renowned Quebec consulting firm specialized in the design, implementation, evaluation, and financing of energy efficiency projects and programs. With 4,000 projects carried out in more than 140 countries, Econoler has been a leader in energy efficiency and the fight against climate change for 37 years. Being part of Econoler means being a member of a dynamic and passionate team that applies the varied expertise of its 80 employees and partners throughout the world toward a common goal: fostering energy efficiency as the main means of developing economies and combatting climate change.
Summary of Duties
Reporting to the group director, you will be required to carry out energy efficiency projects, manage certain projects, act as technical expert, and help prepare service proposals.
Clients include building managers, governments, utilities (electricity and natural gas distributors), municipalities, and industrials throughout Canada.
In the last year, Econoler consultants across Canada have been at the forefront of the energy transition by working on stimulating and varied mandates such as: preparing carbon-neutral plans; providing strategic energy management assistance; conducting technico-economic potential studies; and designing financing mechanisms.
Immediate Supervisor: National Group Director – Consulting Services
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in conducting energy audits (measure identification, energy balances, savings and construction cost calculations, economic analyses) in different types of commercial and industrial buildings;
- Assess the energy impacts of programs targeting reductions in energy demand and consumption for residential, commercial, and industrial clients;
- Design, verify, and prepare savings measurement and verification plans in compliance with the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP);
- Manage and participate in the implementation of energy optimization projects (evaluate client consumption patterns, lead energy committees; identify potential energy savings, prepare energy management reports);
- Participate in program evaluation activities such as analyzing the energy savings potential of energy efficiency programs and studies on existing best practices and market dynamics;
- Elaborate and apply advanced research methods in relation to data collection and analysis with the goal of evaluating the energy savings of energy efficiency programs. Conduct literature reviews, technical and billing analyses, as well as building simulations;
- Assist the business development team in assessing calls for tenders, preparing service offers, and being on the lookout for business opportunities from clients whose mandates you work on.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or any other relevant degree.
- 8 to 10 years of professional experience in Econoler’s fields of activity.
- Bilingual (French and English), written and oral.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Very good writing skills, including the ability to explain technical information.
- A Master’s Degree in a field related to energy efficiency or energy.
- Well-established Quebecois and Canadian network of contacts.
- Team management experience.
- Business development experience.