The World Bank
- Regulatory framework: reviewing the country’s existing regulations and policies and identifying those relevant to the KEEP.
- Programs and initiatives: determining which high-level energy program can be the most appropriate for Bahrain.
- Institutional arrangements: identifying the most appropriate institutional arrangements to accommodate EE initiatives; determining the entity to be put in charge of implementing the EE strategy and the kind of regulatory framework needed for establishing such an entity.
- Electricity rate and metering: identifying the energy rate modifications required to support the national EE strategy, including special rates to incentivize the usage of energy storage to cut cooling peak demand, interruptible rates, time of use, inclined rate block in the residential sector, etc.
- Capacity-building: developing a capacity-building plan intended for the industrial sector and buildings energy auditors regarding EE-related regulatory aspects, EE financial mechanisms and public-private partnerships.
- Developing a stakeholder communication and consultation plan to raise awareness among stakeholders regarding the national EE strategy.