Two program components are aimed at identifying energy-saving measures (analysis support):
- Electricity Consumption Analysis
- Continuous Measurement and Electricity Management
The four other components offer financial assistance for measures implementation (investment support):
- Prescriptive Measures
- New Plant, Expansion or Addition of Production Lines
- Technology Demonstration
Hydro-Québec must work with independent experts to assess the end results of its energy efficiency programs.
- Met with the program managers and stakeholders.
- Analyzed and processed program documentation and databases.
- Developed collection tools, such as sampling plans, questionnaires, interview guides and visit protocols.
- Collected data through surveys conducted with participating and non-participating industries as well as with those whose project had been turned down or abandoned.
- Collected data through in-depth interviews with business and technical partners, and using the Delphi method.
- Validated the certification process of the Prescriptive Measures component with a sample of 35 certified projects.
- Checked projects within the Prescriptive Measures component that had not been certified by Hydro-Québec through 30 site visits.
- Verified projects and measurement protocols within the Retrofit and New Plant, Expansion or Addition of Production Lines components with a sample of 65 projects.
- Reviewed economic calculations made for all projects implemented as part of the Electricity Consumption Analysis component.
- Carried out an accurate evaluation of the combined and cross effects through a literature review and site visits.
- Validated the baselines of the Prescriptive Measures and New Plant, Expansion or Addition of Production Lines components.
- Calculated the program’s gross and net energy impacts for the 2011-2013 period.