Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC)
The Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC) created the GREENPYME technical assistance program to provide advisory services to companies, such as training and energy audits, in order to help increase their competitiveness by reducing their energy costs.
GREENPYME helps companies to improve their energy efficiency (EE) and invites them to use low carbon energy sources. The IIC works together with financial institutions and associates at local level, in order to reduce some of the main barriers preventing the sustainable development of companies and, in the long term, to contribute with the mitigation of climate change. GREENPYME has been designed to deal with the main barriers preventing investments in EE measures in companies, such as: (1) lack of information and awareness; (2) lack of capacity or poor capacity; (3) shortage of financing; (4) insufficient availability of products and technologies.
Upon the completion of Round 1 of the GREENPYME Bolivia Program launched in four cities (La Paz, Cochabamba, Santa Cruz and Tarija) in 2012, the IIC is starting Round 2, where participating companies will be offered, among others, training workshops intended to benefit the end user of energy audits as well as to raise awareness about EE issues.
Econoler was commissioned to deliver six training seminars to Bolivian banks in three different cities of Bolivia in 2015 and 2016. In the previous days of the respective seminars, training seminars for companies will be delivered.
As part of the mandate, the following activities are carried out:
- Preparation of the workshops. The following documents that will be part of the manual of the workshops are prepared:
- Agenda of the workshops developed in cooperation with the IIC
- Presentations developed based on the contents
- Workshop assessment form
- Presentation of the workshops. Each half-day workshop will be presented by an expert of Econoler during July 2015. All three workshops will be carried out in La Paz, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz.
- The assessment report will contain an analysis of the assessments of workshops and recommendations of workshops. The report will include the point of view of participants about the contents, organization, material, trainer, the importance of the workshop for their work and recommendations based on the replies given and analyzed. Besides, it will include the conclusions of the trainer about the participations of participants. The assessment report of the 2015 workshops will serve for the preparation and implementation of workshops in 2016.