Econoler is a world-renowned consulting firm. Over the past 35 years, it has worked on the design, implementation, evaluation and financing of numerous energy efficiency (EE) and renewable energy (RE) projects and programs.
Econoler’s Program Evaluation Team conducts evaluations of energy-efficiency and energy-conservation programs for utilities. The assignments include analyses of energy impacts, evaluations of the programs processes and their impact on the market, as well as cost-benefit analyses. Additionally, the team uses its expertise to undertake other relevant projects, such as strategic planning and market research.
To support our strong growth, we are looking for a professional to fill an opening on our program evaluation team.
In the capacity of Market Study Specialist, you will contribute to our evaluation of EE programs offered by government organizations and public utilities across Canada. This position allows you to apply the methods for conducting research, data-collection and various analyses to answer clients’ questions regarding consumers’ decision-making, energy consumption, program impact and energy-saving opportunities. By collaborating with the members of the program evaluation team, you will conduct in-depth research and draft high-quality reports. We develop findings and recommendations for our clients by integrating the primary and secondary data, the data about the actual energy use and engineering knowledge.
More specifically, you will use your expertise to help our clients and the other team members by fulfilling the following duties.
- Develop a clear understanding of the services to be provided and the client’s research objectives;
- Develop the methods for conducting research and analyses based on industry best practices;
- Finalize the research plan and the work plan, including the timelines;
- Survey the previous studies and the secondary data available;
- Establish the sampling plan and develop the samples;
- Design the data-collection tools;
- Work with the engineers in charge of conducting impact analyses to prepare the questions and algorithms needed to calculate the energy savings achieved by programs;
- Supervise the firms that conduct surveys;
- Conduct interviews with market actors;
- Supervise or participate in the coding of survey responses, data extrapolation and preparation of banner tables;
- Prepare tables and charts to present the results;
- Draft reports to clear describe the analytical methods and the results;
- Develop recommendations based on the data from the qualitative and quantitative studies, the secondary data and the results provided by the engineers in charge of making impact analyses;
- Assist with quality assurance of the deliverables by performing quality controls;
- Carry out other necessary tasks related to the implementation of evaluation assignments.
Immediate Supervisor: National Director, Program Evaluation
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as administration, economics, social sciences, consumption, communications or other fields. A master’s degree would be an advantage.
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in market studies.
- Strong proficiency in spoken and written English and French.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent analytical capability.
- Constant attention to details.
- The ability to work independently.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- An understanding of fundamental statistical concepts.
- Knowledge of statistical tools, such as SPSS, STATA, etc.
- Knowledge of data analysis using Excel spreadsheets.
In addition to the above qualifications, we are looking for a professional who is eager to learn about EE and gain expertise in the field of evaluation.