Econoler is an internationally renowned consulting firm specialized in the design, implementation, evaluation and financing of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects and programs.
Over the years, Econoler has participated in almost 4,000 projects in more than 140 countries. Econoler’s reputation and credibility rests upon talent and the innovative capacity of its multidisciplinary team of professionals comprising engineers, economists, financial experts and market study specialists.
Summary of Duties
To sustain our strong growth, we are in search of an established professional to join our team of energy efficiency (EE) program evaluation experts.
As content expert and resource person, the EE Program Evaluation Expert will participate in evaluating EE programs in the residential, commercial and industrial sectors. The position consists of establishing and implementing various evaluation process methods, determining the market and savings impacts generated by energy efficiency programs implemented by different government organizations and public utilities. More specifically, your expertise will serve to benefit our clients and team members under the purview of the tasks here below.
Energy efficiency is the quickest, easiest and most logical way to fight climate change and reduce an organization’s carbon footprint. Evaluating EE programs is key and your work as a EE Program Evaluation Expert at Econoler will thus play a pivotal role in ensuring they remain at the forefront of utilities’ and governments’ priorities.
- Elaborate and implement advanced research, data collection and analysis methods.
- Evaluate specific energy efficiency program impacts and internal processes.
- Analyze programs in terms of energy efficient technologies, consumer/end-user behaviour changes and market transformation.
- Design of evaluation methodologies based on industry best practices.
- Actively partake in supervising work teams and act as resource person for team members at different stages of mandates.
- Write high-quality reports presenting concrete results, conclusions and recommendations relative to various evaluated programs.
- Cooperate in producing call for tender documents.
- Contribute to the firm’s business development activities by participating in networking activities, colloquiums, conferences, panels, etc., to increase the firm’s visibility.
Immediate Supervisor: EE Program Evaluation Director
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in energy efficiency program evaluation or in a related field.
- English speaking and writing proficiency. French proficiency is an asset.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to explain technical data.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of energy efficiency solutions and the main principles of technical building services (lighting, HVAC systems and other energy efficient technologies).
- Knowledge of the major evaluation protocols, IPMVP, and main energy efficiency codes and standards.
- Experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Understanding of the basic concepts of Statistics.
- Mastery of data analysis using Excel spreadsheets.