Econoler is a world-renowned consulting firm specializing in the design, implementation, evaluation and financing of energy efficiency and renewable energy programs and projects. The firm also has experience in climate change mitigation, carbon financing and offers a remarkable range of professional services adapted to the needs of its partners and customers.
As an international Energy Efficiency (EE) and Renewable Energy (RE) Financing Specialist, you will be working on various EE/RE financing projects, including, but not limited to, the design, implementation, monitoring or impact evaluation of various EE/RE financing instruments/mechanisms/programs adapted to the particular needs of international clients (e.g., credit instruments, risk-sharing facilities, insurance products, dedicated investment funds, etc.).
- Designing, developing and implementing EE/RE financial products such as instruments, mechanisms and programs;
- Reviewing and identifying the procedural changes that have to be made at the level of the implementing financial institution so that it can successfully integrate new adapted EE/RE financial products into its business portfolio;
- Providing training to the financial institution staff on the implementation of adapted EE/RE financial products;
- Collaborating with Econoler’s technical experts to develop appropriate financial terms and conditions of the new EE/RE financial products as matching solutions that are best suited to the technical aspects of the target EE/RE investments and the implementing financial institution’s lending profile;
- Assessing market barriers to implementing EE/RE investments on a larger scale and in particular those specific barriers that prevent local financiers from providing EE/RE financing; and
- Conducting market studies regarding the feasibility of the design and implementation of diverse EE/RE financial mechanisms that target barriers to EE/RE financing.
- Master’s degree in finance or equivalent.
- Solid employment record in the banking sector (commercial banks (CBs) or national development banks (NDBs)); preferably with experience in lending operations.
- Experience in development, integration or implementation of EE/RE financial products at the level of CBs or NDBs.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience is required.
- International employment experience.
- English essential, French and Spanish would be an asset
Any of the Following is an Advantage
- Experience in working under the supervision of or in collaboration with international financial institutions (IFIs), such as IBRD, EBRD, ADB, IADB, KFW and EIB.
- Experience in implementing IFI-supported EE/RE credit lines.
- Experience in setting pricing of financial products.
- Experience in public-sector financing.
- Knowledge of Basel I, II and III standards.